I am really loving these little cross stitch patterns! I have purchased the PDF patterns from andwabisabi a cute Etsy shop that I cannot stop browsing! Find it here.
I also decided to finish the back without using my glue gun. I find it so messy and often get it stuck all over my work. Here is how I do it:
- Cut out a circle of using the inside of the outer ring as a guide.
- Place this on the back of your stitching.
- Put fabric glue on the outer edge of the inner ring, and place this on top of the felt and stitching.
- Put fabric glue of the inside edge of the outer ring.
- Carefully turn your piece over and line up the outer and inner rings, with your work sandwiched between.
- Screw the fastener as tight as it will go. I use a hair clip to finish tightening!
- As you have used fabric glue you can spend a little time lining the piece and the rings up.
- Trim the excess fabric with scissors close to the edge of the rings.
I always found that I didn't have enough time to line the piece up properly with a glue gun as it always set too quickly so making a fabric glue sandwich works much better for me!
Let me know your best ways to finish a piece. I would love to hear your ideas. Leave a message in the comments box :)