Thursday 1 September 2011

Celebrate Colour!

It's the 1st of September, which is always New Year for me.  I am a Secondary School teacher, so along with getting my kids prepped and ready to start the new term I do too.  New shoes? check New uniform? check (nice navy wool dress from TK Maxx - Bargin!).  New pens and pencils?  mmm not yet but Wild Olive's pencil wraps may be just what i'm looking for to smarten up my old ones!

Anyway, I am also excited because it will soon be Autumn, which is my favourite season.  The colours, the smells, the anticipation of the holidays.  It is usually the most hectic time so I am so glad that Rachel from Stitched in Colour is running a Celebrate Colour series.  It will ensure that I focus on making stuff ready for presents etc and not just sit in front of the TV watching films, drinking spiced hot chocolate when the kids are in bed - although that does sound tempting!

Celebrate Color
I can't actually believe how soon those Autumn colours are coming around here.  Our summer has been the coldest for 20 years or so the papers say. The leaves are changing from green to reds and browns already.  My blog header picture is from our back garden so you can see the colours.

My favourite Autumn colour has to be purple or plum as some call it - that reminds me I must show you my hubby's spiced plum jam, it's like Autumn in a jar mmmmmm!
When we went camping last weekend I found my inspiration for the season.  The heather on the top of the Long Mynd looked amazing!






I know I have some Rico Creative Cotton in purple lying around somewhere. now all I need to do is think about what to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment