Thursday 22 September 2011

Roses are red...

...more like purple!   I have had these little things on my Pinterest board for ages now.
                                                                      Source: pompomemporium.com via Lucy on Pinterest

So finally got round to making some.  The links from Pinterest go to a sweet little tutorial, which you can easily adapt to suit your yarn, size, or style.  I made small roses about 3" across.


I wanted a flower suitable to make into a brooch, so it had to feel chunky.  I used a lovely 90% merino wool 10% acrylic mix so that it is lovely and soft to touch.  I have hand stitched a brooch pin on to a piece of felt and then hand stitched that to the back. All with matching embroidery thread.


It was soooo easy that I made them it a few colours.  I think they make the perfect little gift for family members or friends!  Or you could stitch them to a bag or a headband.  I think I'm going to put a few in my soon to be opened Etsy shop!

Now I've finished marking all my new pupils test papers, I hope to get round to doing some more projects, probably for christmas presents. What are your plans for the rest of the week?  Feel free to leave me a message in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Hi lucy, it is absolutely beautiful! Do you by any chance has a copy the pattern? The pinterest link that you provide doesn`t work, unfortunately. Hope you have a copy that you can share. Many thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete